16 December 2008

A new job

I found a job last month (since first november) in a young company. They are specialized in SAP BW consulting. For now, I'm working from home. I read documentations (about 1000 pages) and practice the system. I guess in one month, I'll participate to a project (unilever).

SAP is the most common software (%40 of the market) used in big enterprises (especially the global ones). Because, this huge system has lots of flexibilities, it supports many languages, many accounting systems, and it is independent from other database technologies.

The module I'm working on, basically is the reporting part of the system. So, it help the users to make analyses with reporting tools. For any department in an enterprise: Sales, Production, Procurement, HR, Accounting etc..

All this can be done with Office Excel, in small enterprises, but as big companies has big volume of data, they need a system for managing it.

SAP BW is a system for providing and organizing all these reports. Think the enterprises which sell millions of products. So, as the data is huge, the BW system also has huge functionalities.

No comments: