13 February 2009

erdogan & davos

Maybe Erdogan wants to become a leader for middle east...

I want to make your remember something, many non-Turkish doesn't know this fact: (it's interesting, you shall read it from wikipedia)

-Erdogan imprisoned for ten month in 1998 because of a poem he read in a meeting

Here is the poem (I won't comment about it)

Erdoğan's Version

"Mosques are our barracks,
domes our helmets,
minarets our bayonets,
believers our soldiers.
This holy army guards my religion.
Almighty our journey is our destiny,
the end is martyrdom.

....
....
Erdoğan's version.


Original version by Ziya Gokalp

"Holding my rifle in my hand, keeping my faith in my heart,
I wish two things: The faith and the homeland.
My home is the army, my sovereign is the Sultan:
Strengthen my Sultan, Almighty Give him long life, Almighty our journey is our victory,
the end is martyrdom.
....
....

No comments: