13 November 2009

UNDERGROUND ISTANBUL >>Tarlabasi district

Is Tarlabasi a ghetto? Maybe... I can say it's like the Harlem, for us..

This is an area which lies the spirit of Istanbul... At least, a part of it.

So, today I could make a little trip to there: I just could take the main street (Kalyoncu Kulluğu). I entered, and get out in 10 mins.

At every corner, there was a strange man, I guess they sale some weed... It's like a place where nobody wants to live.

I don't know why, but this district was always attracting me. A dangerous underground place. As something that your mom tells not to do : )

And the district is attracting me more, after watching the movie Agir Roman (turkish movie made at 1996)...

The movie was taken in Kurdela Sokak...

That movie has an important place for me. Because, when I was in the army, everybody was wanting me to play this movie.. I asked this to my commander, but he didn't allowed. Now, I understand why these guys wanted to watch it, and why my commander didn't allow : )

Because, this is a cult movie of Ghetto...

So, this is the trip plan...

No comments: